Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RecordSet doesn't pass data to DTC control???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floribus

Programmer
Oct 6, 2003
ES
Hi,
I am new to interdev and DTC.

I have set on a ASP page:
one connection to a remote SQL database
one record set
and 2 dtc control.

These conneccion, recorset and DTC are set using the drag and drop components in interdev 6.

I correctly set the record set during design time.
In the property windows of each component I can see listed my record set and it even list the datas types, name of column of the database... So I think htere in't aa problem with teh connection.

But...
Nothing appears on the page when I look at it on the explorer. Only the empty text box and the button pf the datagrid without any data to browse.

I am a bit stuck now....

Thanks for your help.

FLorian

GOT it!
I was just stupid.

I was using HTML page.
Damn!

Thanks anyway...

Suppose you're correct. That is, assume that a DTC can't be placed on an HTML page. Then, I ask why is it written on the page 226 of the MS Press' book called "Web Applications with MS VI6.0" that "Open the Reservation.htm file for editing and drag a Recordset control and a Listbox Design Time control onto the reservation page"

Doesn't that mean that DTC can be placed either on a HTML or an ASP page?

I ask these, because I got stuck in this part of the book. When I apply what's written on the book and place DTC 's on Reservation.htm page to retrieve data from a recordset that's tied to a DB table, the DTC (here a drop down list box) doesn't get data from the recordset. That's to say it just doesn't work on an HTM page but when I put the same DTC's on an ASP page they work.

Is the MS VI6.0 book wrong or am I omitting something on my part? The book clearly says "put the DTC on the HTM page"

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I'm having same problem but can't fix it?? it doesn't make any difference if i put it on asp page.
Any ideas?
Saz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back