Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Records repeat 1 time in details section

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstelmac

Technical User
Oct 22, 2003
US
This is not going to be easy to explain but here goes. For some reason if the records in my details section runs over 1 page into say 2 or 3 pages the records repeat 1 time. This is weird. I already have the ID of the record in the details section set to suppress if duplicated.

The only thing weird about this report format is that the header and footer are grouped. Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Headers and footers aren't grouped, data is grouped by some field.

Sounds like you're new to Crystal and databases, so you should post technical information:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity
Example data (what's being returned to the report)
Expected output (whjat you want it to look like)

-k

Wow, you got all that from my little post.....lol. The field "id" located in my users report header is being used for grouping. I am using Crystal version 10, SQL server 2000 as our backend, Clearquest version 2003.06.15 which generates the result set and forwards it to the Crystal runtime.

Example output - If the result set in the details section spans more than 1 page the records repeat 1 time.

expected output - If the result set in the details section spans more than 1 page the records should not repeat...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back