Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Records not saving to table from form

Status
Not open for further replies.

cRODEEkrank

Technical User
Dec 5, 2001
US
I have a form in my database which uses a select query as a data source. I was receiving "Recordset not updatable" error messages so I changed the Recordset type to "Dynaset(inconsistent updates). The form seemed to run OK but the data isn't saving out to the tables despite numerous attempts. The Record locks is set to "No Locks".

I'm stumped because this form/query were running perfectly OK up until yesterday by having the recordset type to "Dynaset". Not sure why it all of a sudden doesn't work.

Can anyone help? Please??
Crod

Is the table Linked?? If so then you MUST ensure that the link to the table is indexed or the table will not be updateable.

Open the table. Is the add button (>*) enabled??

Yes, it is enabled. I've tested adding information directly to the table, but for some reason within the query it won't update. I'm thinking maybe a left join issue?

Here you go:

SELECT [Assignments - Writing].[CONTRACT ID NUMBER], [Assignments - Writing].CONTID, [Assignments - Writing].[PUB CODE], [Assignments - Writing].MODULE, [Assignments - Writing].[JOB NO], [Publication List].Publication, [Last] & ", " & [First] AS ContName, [Assignments - Writing].ASSIGNDUE, [Assignments - Writing].TITLE, tblPublishabilityReview.ModifyAssignDue, tblPublishabilityReview.ReturnDate, tblPublishabilityReview.[Contractor ID], tblPublishabilityReview.Late, tblPublishabilityReview.NumUnitsSubmitted, tblPublishabilityReview.TotUnitsAfterReview, tblPublishabilityReview.UnitsReviewedRev1, tblPublishabilityReview.UnitsReviewedRev2, tblPublishabilityReview.UnitsReviewedRev3, tblPublishabilityReview.ReviewCompleteDate, tblPublishabilityReview.Revisor1 AS RevisorName1, tblPublishabilityReview.Revisor1Hours, tblPublishabilityReview.Revisor2 AS RevisorName2, tblPublishabilityReview.Revisor2Hours, tblPublishabilityReview.Revisor3 AS RevisorName3, tblPublishabilityReview.Revisor3Hours, tblPublishabilityReview.[Quality Comments], tblPublishabilityReview.[Review Results], tblPublishabilityReview.[Return Manuscript], tblPublishabilityReview.[Extension 1 Scheduled], tblPublishabilityReview.[Extension 1 Actual]
FROM ([Publication List] INNER JOIN ([Assignments - Writing] INNER JOIN [Contractor Data Sheet] ON [Assignments - Writing].CONTID = [Contractor Data Sheet].CONTID) ON [Publication List].[Pub Code] = [Assignments - Writing].[PUB CODE]) LEFT JOIN tblPublishabilityReview ON [Assignments - Writing].[CONTRACT ID NUMBER] = tblPublishabilityReview.[Contract ID]
WHERE ((([Assignments - Writing].[CONTRACT ID NUMBER])=[Enter Contract ID Number:]));

Thank you so much for your help!
Crod

It looks ok.... Can you either post a little test data or sent me a db with just those tables with some test data and the form in question?

My email is jdyck@wcb.mb.ca

The file must be under 2 mg. (Firewall constraints)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back