Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Records Lost during Syncronization of Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgey

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
US
During a syncronization of two databases, 48 records were lost from one of the tables being syncronized. Lost records appear normal and the syncronization completed without errors. The system tables appear normal. Other new records were updated appropraitely in syncronized tables. Has anyone seen this before and might know what the problem could be?

One thing to remember about synchronization is that the table that has the last updates will be the table that is used to update all other tables in the synchronizaton at that time.

Thanks for the reply but I am still not sure of the problem. Let me elaborate a bit. Database A (Master) was last updated on 9/28/03. Has 7 tables; the invewstment table has 25,500 records (before syncing). Database B (Replica) was last updated on 9/15/03. The investment table has 24,700 records (before syncing).

Syncronized database A & B on 9/30/03. All tables ok except the investment table which now shows 25,400 recoords in both databases A & B. I don't understand why database A (master) lost 100 records.

Appreciate any thoughts of "why" you might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back