Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recordong to a Video Tape ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomayed

Technical User
May 13, 2002
AE
I want to record my screen ( what ever appears on my monitor) and save it as AVI or a movie , does anyone know how I can do that?

I have a powerpoint presentaion and I want to record it on a Video Tape ! :)

I have Dazzle ( Digital Video Creator ) and I have (BELKIN)but I couldn't figure out how to do it !

There are several apps out there than can do screen captures for you. I have successfully used SnagIt to capture my Powerpoint shows and save them as .avi. I believe you can download a free trial of SnagIt. There is also another app called Camstasia, that is a bit more expensive.

if your computer has 'video out' on its video card (some do, especially laptops), you can record to a normal vcr from there
if it doesn't, get yourself a 'scan converter', which converts your digital vga output (monitor out) to video for vcr recording; a parallel out will feed your 'normal' monitor
scan converters exist in all shapes and sizes (and prices)
waych out for the maximum screen resolution-
more than 800x600 makes little sense, since the analog video quality, especially from a tape, will be poor by comparison

Hans J. Schaefer
Uni of Western Sydney
videoconferencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back