Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicheleAnn716

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
How do I create a number that employees can call and listen to a message that we leave there?

create an acd queue that nite call forwards to voice mail. In voice mail, create an announcement.

new
acd
xxxx (the number you want to call)
maxp 1
ncfw xxxx (the answer dn of your mail)

then depending on the voice mail type build an anouncement service using the acd dn as a voice service id

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

call pilot application service.. if you have access to that, let me know and i'll go thru the steps

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In Application builder

File / new
in window that comes up enter name for application and write down the number it assigned

a new window will come up
on left select Announcement and drag and drop by the begin - you will need to name it

click on end of line by begin and then click on the annoucement box - this should draw a line between the two

double click announcement box and select new announcement and you could select to record from there by entering an extension or choice to record it later

select option you want and close

makesure any pink end points have a place to go - attendant or disconnect

click file/properties
select telset tab and check that telset can be used to record message
enter new password for telset recording
ok or save

select file save

not in CP go to system/service directory number
add a new entry with the number you have set to fwd to voice mail and the service the new one you built

if you havn't recorded the announcement yet find entry that says Voice Item Maint and number associated

dial that number
enter ID you created
enter password you saved in application

press 5 to record
2 to play

test

Instead of tying up an ACD - use a phantom number -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back