Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording telephone conversation (repost) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterC

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2001
US
I didn't have any luck with my previous post, so I'm trying again :)
Here's the summary: I would like to be able to click a button and have my application record (in WAV or any other suitable format) a phone conversation already in progress. The modem would just "pick up" the phone line, which is already in use for a voice conversation, and the app would start recording. I know this must be possible because of existing applications out there...
Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution?
Thanks! --------------
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Thanks for the link. I'll keep them in mind but what I'm really looking for is something I can develop rather than purchase. --------------
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Although I haven't used TAPI (Telephony API), you should be able to find info about it on the web...A simple search on google brought up the following link:

It also appears that Microsoft has created some ActiveX components that are TAPI 3.0 complient, which should help out your development.

Sorry I can't be of much more help...I have interfaced with a Rockwell switch before, but only using Rockwell's ConneCTI API (I think that's what its called - that was a few contracts ago...).

Good Luck

Marc
Independent Software Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back