Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording solution with a CCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllaMonroe

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2005
CA
Hi, i am looking for a way to record conversations over our recent IP telephony Call Manager deployment. We are talking about a 1 site dual Callmanger solution <200 users with Unity.

I have been asked to find a recording solution for 1 call at a time recording for training purposes. It does not have to be automatic and user enabled activation would be accepted. For the solution to be even considered it must cost less then 7000$.

Is there anything I can do, it seemed much simpler with my old numeric phone system but please give me your outlooks on how I could accomplish this?

Thank you very much!

hello elleamonroe,

if you just want to do 1 call at a time and it can be user initiated here is a thought.

purchase the device linked to below. it a hellodirect in line tap device that you hook between the handset and the phone. it runs $69.99

this device has a mini out that you can be converted to run into the line in of the agents pc or a mini recorder. you will need an adaptor to connect to pc becuase the stock connector is too small.

on the pc you can use line recorder app with windows or buy something like Sony Sound forge $50.00. this is just an idea.

For a large call center implemnetation Witness contact store ip 7.2 would be what you want but cost more than $7000

hope this helps!

If you have Unity version 4.0(5) or higher you could use the The Live Record function to record one call.

Actually it is possible to do this with versions earlier than 4.0(5), you just have to know how to activate it. Due to possible compliance issues (things like not making tones to alert callers that the call is being recorded) it is hidden by default, but there are DLLs available to activate it. Check out the following guide if you are interested in more details:

You might want to look at a Witness Systems product called ContactStoreIP. It is a great recorder for Cisco CM based call centers that allows call playback and download via a web browser and has a live monitor client. I’m not sure what the prices run these days, but it’s worth a look. (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back