Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording sales to diff GL accounts based on Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

markJW

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
US
In the Sales Order module, is it possible to record sales to different GL accounts based on the Customer, or some other Customer specific variable, such as Customer Type?

We do not use Divisions, and do not have segmented GL account numbers. All of our Inventory Items can be sold to different customer types.

I would like to be able to post sales to retail customers to one account, and sales to wholesale customers to another, without have to manually change the sales account by using the 'Addl' button on the Lines screen during the invoice data entry process. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

Since you do not have separate distinctions in your MAS200 setup regarding warehouses, MAS90 would not be able to post Sales to different G/L accounts. ___________________
Quang Tran
(MCSE, A+)

MAS90 posts all sales/cogs posting through the accounts setup in the a/r division masterfile. I work for a MAS90 developer/reseller and modify MAS90 all the time. My proposed solution to this would be to :

(1) Tweak the division masterfile maintance to allow you to setup multiple divisions (each representing a different set of GL accounts). Normal MAS90 doesn't let you setup anything other than division 00 when you don't have multiple divisions turned on in your a/r options.
(2) Tweak the sales order/sales order invoice data entry programs to lookup the division and default in g/l accounts using the customer sales-type field.

If interested in pursuing, you can contact me @ cm5025@msn.com

I was going to do this same thing for a client of mine. We are going to use the customer type for identifying purposes. My goal is to use Visual Integrator to export invoice $ based from this customer type, then import into the correct GL they set up identifying it. This would perform on a monthly basis, say before period end processing. Again I have not set this up yet, but feel VI can handle.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back