Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recording phone conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvw

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2001
US
Can some tell me what I need in equipment and software to be able to record phone conversation. We have a call group and we are getting complaints about are people being rude to the public. We are goin to upgrade to the S8700 with C.M. 2.0 next weekend and would like to know what it will take to do this, any help will be appreciated.

how many phones and what type i.e 2/4 wire VoiP etc

The two basic principles of Windows system administration:
For minor problems, reboot
For major problems, reinstall

at this time we have three 7406+ sets and there are 10 other sets that are 2500

Well there is one simple soultion. See if you have the "audix-rec" feature on your phone switch. You may be able to program a button on your phone to service observe, and then use "audix-rec" to record it.

Are you wanting to record all of the time, or are you just wanting to service observe and record those calls?

In the past working with an answering service, the supervisor would go into another room and service observe the operators and using a plain old tape recorder, record the calls. That may be an easy and quick solution for you. This works for one operator at a time and typically is an overall descent solution. There are however more expensive solutions, which I'm sure some of the others whom are more familiar with, may suggest.

Audix Record isn't going to work for you since your agents aren't going to record themselves being rude. You will need voice loggers. They tap directly into the digital signal and the recording is done behind the scenes. One thing that is very important, you will need to look into the laws of the state you are in to see if it is a Singe Party or Dual Party notification state. Single party you will not need beep tones, and Dual Party you will. NICE makes the best and are the leaders in the industry.

What we are wanting to do is record the call and if we get complaint then go back and listen to call.

If you're wanting to record the calls, then as dmoore indicated the NICE logger is probably going to be the way for you to go. He also makes a GREAT point about the party notification.

as you are using analogue and digital phones I recommend that you use trunk side recording or DS1 recording. NICE don't do mixed telephony recorders so you would have to buy 2 recorders (analogue and a dig extn) but if you trunkside or DS1 it is 1 recorder and a CLS and the CLS gives you the ability to search by number dialled etc

The two basic principles of Windows system administration:
For minor problems, reboot
For major problems, reinstall

Is there anyone that has a Voice Print system that would tell me pro or con's about them.

rvw

I can't go into all the details of VoicePrint as I am not the end user. But I can tell you our enterprise was previously devoted to Witness and we are starting to move into the Voice Print space. Here are the motives behind our move:
* Cost
* Backup and restore methods are better
* Support
Voice Print is on the emerging side so their support has just been golden. They are taking some of our functionality request for future versions. Backups are done locally to a DVD writer... which may prevent an issue for those wanting to do centralized storage. They are flexible enough on pricing to accomodate your needs.
Not advertising for Voiceprint or taking anything away from NICE. Just providing my insight.

rvw,

I currently use an "OAISYS Tracer" recording system. This system taps into all of your incoming ports and will record every call that comes across each one. It also gives you the ability to turn ports off, i.e. the ports used for administrative lines. This system has been so beneficial for Monitoring agent calls, and training purposes. It runs on a seperate pc/server. more info can be found on this system at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back