Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recording off site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMills

Technical User
Jan 16, 2008
GB
bit of an odd one.

need to record a call whilst out of the office. any snazzy ways of doing it through vm pro? dialing in then out again?

it's not for a client, it's for me. need to do it at short notice. IT guy cant be bother to sort out a VPN and wants me to lug a hard vpn home. no chance.

got an iphone so cant use the onex client. would there be a way to do this using the FNE codes?

not got the right kit in the office to take a hardphone home.

thoughts?

dont really care if its a scrappy solution as its a one off and ill be deleting it all come monday.

Dont really want to come all the way into the office on saturday to record a call....

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

If you can either VPN from a PC or Remote Desktop to one in the office with Phone Manager, in Telecommuter mode? I think even lite has the "Record Call" button doesn't it?

Use call recording on an incoming call route.

You could create an incoming call route that routes calls from your CLI to the intended dest. with call recording enabled.

or send it to a VM call flow to enable the breakout dest. to be changed if necessary

that's the kind of thinking i was looking for. i shall test tomorrow and shower you with stars if it works.

ICR should be fine. Destination won't be changing.

Cheers.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

For incoming calls you could use mobile twinning and record on the user.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I thought we had been here before, and it turned out using Incoming call route it stopped recording if it was routed off switch and the only solution was as Peter suggests, I may be getting mixed up though :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

it would appear you are right Andy.

Just set it up. New user, unconditional forwarding to mobile. ICR to user, call recording on the ICR, mailbox of the user, vm to email set as copy.

SSA shows call going out and shows it as recording but the recording never appears.

Havent searched for it in contactstore yet though, but it shouldn't be there as i selected mailbox not VRL.

:-(

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back