Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording IPT calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBob

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
AU
We are looking to move our Nice Mirra call recorder from our current switch (an Avaya Definity with Digital handsets) to our new switch (an Avaya S8300/G700). At the moment we record line side (by double jumpering onto the appropriate digital phone cabling). I believe that we will no longer be able to do this with the IP handsets.

One solution that has been suggested is that we start to record trunk side or use service obverve/conferencing but for various reasons these are not ideal solutions. Does anyone have any information on whether its still possible to record line side even if its an IPT hardphone.

Using a VoiP recorder you can choose where you want to record the phones.The recorder acts as a sniffer and you tell it which packets to retain, normally by extension so this allows phones to use DHCP. The recorder can be connected to either the switch using spanning or direct to the media gateway (G700) this normally does not record internal calls.
Do you have a solution diagram and I'll suggest the best recording method.

The two basic principles of Windows system administration:
For minor problems, reboot
For major problems, reinstall

Hi Biglebowski

Thanks for that. Unfortunatley I don't have a solutions diagram. I wondered though if you (or anyone else) can clarify for me - as it appears that IPT handset side recording isn't going to be possible with the Mira do you know if it would be possible to do trunk side recording (30 x ISDN) with the Mirra without changing our Mirras digital card?

Thanks

Jon

Unfortunately not possible as ISDN30 and extn cards are two different things it is possible to convert your mirra from extn recording to isdn30 trunkside (only QSIG supports D ch monitor)
Are you in the UK?

If we go for trunk side recording how does this affect the way we search for calls - e.g. we rely heavily on being able to search for calls based on the receiving agents extension number - would this still be possible?

If so I guess that's not quite so bad if we can convert the Mirra.

(Yes this office is based in the UK.)

If you use Q931 you can search by extn number, CLI, dialled digits in and out and much more. converting the mirra will work out much cheaper than replacing it. Be aware though with trunk side you do not record internal calls only incoming/outgoing, this may not be an issue if it's a call center.

I know that this is the big question but do you have any guestimates of how much it would cost for converting to a 60 channel trunk setup?

drop me a mail at the above address as discussing sales etc is frowned upon here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back