Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording Greeting off site on new BCM-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latvia1

Programmer
Aug 30, 2002
US
I am trying to record a greeting from a remote site. I know I can do it by a import by wav. file but I also know I can do it by dialing off site to my remote location. What I get when I click on record and input my offsite number is (The phone number is not valid) of course this works internally but I am not sure if the programming problem is in the voice mail or switch site. Thanks for your help in advance.

You need to give the voice mail Extension number access to the lines you are using, you also have to set up a destination code and route. In my experience you cannot use a line pool to accomplish this. Try doing those two things, then put your dest. code + phone number in the block within VM and it should work.

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try. I am traveling now and will try next week. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back