Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording Calls on MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallDW

Vendor
Dec 7, 2005
US
My customer, who has MICS 6.1 and CP100, wants to record calls (call logging). Is there a particular recording system anyone recommends? Or if they upgrade to BCM can they get call recording?

You can edit the mailbox class of service using the browser interface to allow call record. Once allowed the user presses F989 to record to their mailbox. You may also want to allow a higher message length for the class of service.

Brian Cox

Thank you, exsmogger. I don't think this solution allows them to store calls and then later look them up by extension, date, time, etc. does it? My customer is looking for a full-scale solution and recording of all calls. Thanks!

You could add the Unified Messaging option to the CallPilot which would convert voicemail messages into email wav attachments. These would be marked within each user's inbox folder, but I think you're wanting a centralized system for storage and retrieval of call recordings. I'm sure one of our eminent Norstar scholars can point you in the right direction in this regard.

Brian Cox

try digitalloggers - from 8ports i think is the smallest they have

you can get a headset/recorder splitter from vikingelectronics.com (SO-24a) that lets you pick up the analog at the handset and backfeed it to the phone room using the second pair of an RJ-14 jack then use ordinary 24 port analog recorders that you can pick up used and cheap

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

PSTECHNICIAN,
Is right, Algo has exactly what you are looking for on a per set or per site basis.

NARSBARS

Algo only has capability for only 32 digital sets per server.

My vendor has not been able to determine how to change the class of service in the Voice Mail Manager. Could you please assist us?
Thanks,
Kristen

To change the settings in a particular COS, use a laptop to log in via an ethernet crossover cable. Change your laptop's ip to 192.168.110.11 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.110.10 255.255.255.0 (this is default- if the CP's ip has been changed, you'll have to call the vendor.)

Using a web browser, navigate to 192.168.110.10. You'll be prompted for a password- the last 4 digits of your f983 password.

Go to mailboxes, and cos. Change what you need.

Thank you for the input. I will get with my vendor in the morning.

Kristen

My vendor has not been able to determine how to change the class of service in the Voice Mail Manager. Could you please assist us?

No offense intended towards you, but if your vendor doesn't know how to support the product they sell, it sounds like you need a new vendor.

Brian Cox

"No offense intended towards you, but if your vendor doesn't know how to support the product they sell, it sounds like you need a new vendor."

Amen.

A ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back