Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording calls from OSCC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmicka

Technical User
Feb 16, 2021
AU
Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution that will allow the recording of calls from OSCC?

Our solution provider offered a solution that captures sip traffic on the switch that our SD operates from by spanning the traffic to a collector box. This is not effective with work from home needs at the moment.

Is there anything that would sit on the server-side that would allow us to capture these calls?

Thanks,

Mickael

Check out ASC Telecom. With OpenScape Voice, it uses silent monitoring to record the calls. While not the best company to do business with - it does work.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

ASC are a popular recording provider but if you have a recorder already, and it's not working, I'm not sure another recorder will do it either.

OSCC routes the calls, but the voice doesn't physically route through the OSCC. You need to capture the voice on your PBX either on the way in, or on the way out, and you can do that already. You might get a recorder that works via a different method, ASC can work from either a spanned port and capture all the traffic over the span, or it can monitor extensions and connect timeslots internally like via silent monitor, but you are still capturing the traffic on the PBX.

Any call routing via the PBX should be recordable.

in our OSCC we installed ASC call logger and working fine

ASC call logger is the best solution

Hi

ASC is the solution to use. ASC works hand in hand with Unify/Atos. Their solution does integrated recording via a STMI by making a conference call and recording in this manner. It does not use spanning.

So it will work. It also record other media like Teams etc.

Regards

Dears
Hi
Does any one know what is the configuration of Openscape 4000 SIP extention configuration to record the audio data of all stations types?

Best Regards

Dears
any one can help?
How to configure two SIP extensions which send sound of a call as Side A and Side B made between two other (TDM or IP as SIP or HFA) station.

Best Regards

As already said - ASC voice recording will do that job

Dear SBCSU

Hello
Thank you for your kind replay I cannot Use that brand of Voice recording because of Passive Defense items.
So I need to know how to add a SIP extension which sends the audio of an other call between two other stations on Openscape 4000.
As I found I need two SIP extensions for each call but could not find out how to progrom them.

Any help would be Appreciated
Hamid

Program up a SIP card virtual or actual
vSTMI or STMIX
ADD-SBCSU:xxxx,FPP,SIP,1-17-10-1,S0PP,18,18,1,1,1,1,0,0,N,0,30,0,,SBDSS1,Y,Y,0,10,N,N,,,5,0,1,G711,,,,,,,,;

CAP_and_SIP_to_record_calls_tkalpy.png

Dear SBCSU

Thank you so much for your kind reply, but how does this station send the voice of an other call (for example yyyy calls ZZZZ) to the registered Voice recorder?

better to ask what is the deference between the xxxx SIP extension with an usual SIP extension?

Best Regards

The SIP extension is used with ASC monitoring.
Maybe there are other companies that you can check.

There is no difference with these SIP subscribers and a "usual" SIP extension. The recording works because of the ASC software. ASC software contains a soft SIP client which registers to 4K using the configured SBCSU SIP extensions. It sets a CSTA monitoring point on extensions to be recorded. When it sees a call to be recorded, it uses CSTA to connect the audio from the recorded device to the SIP extensions, it uses 2 extensions to do it, one SIP extension records transmit, the other records receive.

So you cannot emulate this just by adding SIP devices. You need the complete software package.

Dear Moriendi

Thank you so much.

that was so helpful.

Best Regards

Hello Our siemens Hipath 4000 Lim 4 upper X40 card failed and I have only X35.
Someone mentioned to CHANGE-UCSU:AP,1,42,"Q2305-X35",,,,,,,,,60; and it can change X40 to X35.

Now X35 is in place but still rack is in fault and no comms.

I am new user to Siemens any help on this .

It's better to post a new thread with your questions

Scroll down to the end of the page to where it says 'start new thread'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back