Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording calls Blind & Random 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garr8813

Technical User
Jul 5, 2006
US
I have Nortel Opt81c and I need to record at least 100 calls per day in our call centre.What is the best and most cost effective system to use. The users that would be monitored/recorded will be using analog single line phones.

Sounds like a compliance thing and the hundred calls can't always be the same few "bext performers" - they need to hae that random factor.

If these calls our outgoing, it might be easy: Get one of the Algo analog recorders
Bridge it to that one analog trunk. Next problem...can you think of a way for the agents to hit that one trunk - either BARS or the predictive dialer?

If this is an inbound call, and hopefully a toll free number, you can cheaply subscribe to the "percent allocation" feature from the toll free provider - just say 99% on our normal PRIs and 1% to this little analog trunk" ten it stays random.

Each of these is a little work and think-time, but...we asked for it.

~

Also Telstrat is the name and maker of all the remote products Nortel sells with the M1. From Remote Office to Fiber Remote

They have some products that do not compete with Nortel - one is the the recording idea - they make great stuff

~

gh is right, do the math.. how many calls are you getting per day.. what percentage of that number is 100 calls, record that percentage of your trunks,, if i only handle 1000 calls per day on 20 trunks, i need to record 10 percent of 1000 to hit 100, 10 percent of 20 trunks.. order a 2 channel telstrat recorder. by recording a percentage of your trunks, your getting a totally random sample of your calls..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the suggestions, I am actually using 2 T1s interfacing a preditive dialer with approximately 34 agents. My setup is for outgoing (outbound) call mainly. I did some research of a product VoiceGate call recorder- logger but the problem with that is it dont offer random recording.

So i am now looking at any alternative.

TelStrat - Call parrot seem to be the right product. I will call them up and get their pricing.

I have just inherited a former Telecom employee's laptop with OTM on it. I have access to his files but when I try to bring up OTM navigator I get the message Your mapped network drive (o:\Common Data) is inaccessible. Please double check your network OTM will exit now." I don't have his password but I don't even get to that point. Do I need to reinstall OTM?

This is my first question to the group I hope it is not too obvious, but just obvious enough to get some responses. Thanks in advance

Karinkelly... You should open a new posting with this question.

Its been a while since using OTM, but the Common Data folder is on the OTM server out on the network and it appears the old employee mapped his O:Drive to the folder.

Open up 'My Computer' on your desktop and then go to 'Tools' on your menu and check you 'Map Network Drive' path for the O:Drive.

Witness also one good prodect...it will do IP, digital and analog phones.

Witness is a good product, however you need additional AST licenses and equipment to implement Witness. Each recording port requires another digital set to be built on a "real card" and an AST license with it.

Telestrat will give you the same features and Telestrat has either already deployed or will be deploying shortly the ability to do screen captures along with voice, which is a feature that Witness was only able to do.

The Telestrat is very flexible, it can also do IP recording (a separate package) and if you need to do analog phones, they have virtual TNs that can be used for that purpose. It will also allow you to record 2250 attendant consoles. And if for some reason the Telestrat goes "down", you can replace with the card with a digital line card and your call center will still be operational until the card can get repaired.

and no, I don't work for Telestrat, I have had the opportunity to implement both products for different customers and the implementation of the Telestrat was just a lot easier as Witness did not tell the customer the "licensing" issues.

Also, Witness did a lot of finger pointing at the PBX portion during implementation. They gave me integration notes from release 22 of the software and I was implementing on Succession 4.5;

Depending on your location I might have some suggestions.

You need the right solution and the right support...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back