Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarrierTech

Technical User
Apr 15, 2014
US
what do I need to change to Yes to have the ability to record integrated announcements on a phone? I am assuming it is a COS issue but I get a wave-off.

I have an IP phone (9611) with console permissions but I still get a wave off.

Do a "display announcement", and see if the announcements got a protected Y flag?
otherwise do a "list trace station" <your extension> while dialing the fea, and see if it comes back with a denial reason.

indeed feature access code followed by announcement number the 1 to record , if you type list integrated you may find that you have no space left on the board.

This is of course assuming you have created the correct announcement type.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

You also cannot record announcements via phone if they are part of an audio group. There are other posts on how to record wave files and upload them. My preferred method is to change the Group/Board setting on the integrated announcement to a single board, record the announcement via phone, then change it back to it's group. You would then use ASA (or VAL) to copy the properties over to the other boards in the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back