Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording an x ported station 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcard100001

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
PBX G3R v11 or greater...

Witness and Genesys MCSG CTI applications require a station to have a physical port to register the station. If they don't register, they can't be recorded or receive any calls.

If an IP softphone or IP agent extension had no physical port, the extension would not register in this environment.

Anybody know of a work around?

Does anybody record x ported stations in a CTI environment like this? If so how?

Thanks,

Wildcard

What if you record trunk side?

But you won't get cradle to grave though... hrmm...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Thanks 98Converter Good point, that would work on the recording side.... but not on the MCSG Genesys side...

Any other ideas?

Wildcard

wildcard100001,

try making these extensions ip type 4624. ip stations always has a port translation, however it's not physical but virtual one. i don't know if genesys will be happy with that, but cmapi server does and it works with similar scheme.

I do this at one of our sites on an S8300 with IP Softphone stations. We have a trunkside call recording system ( with CTI integration; works like a charm.

You need the customer option "Phantom Calls" and (possibly) "CTI Stations". They cost a bit though.

Thanks nknook, I'll check that out. So... you know customers who use those features this way?

Thanks,

Wildcard

Witness is also coming out or now has a solution that can record IP calls without a hardware tap.

If you are using Witness (Blue Pumpkin), 98 COnverter is 100% corerect... once you change the phone type to an IP station, you will be able to record. I have done this with the 50 or so IP Agents we have and it works great.

@wildcard100001:

I'm currently working on a project with Genesys. It's not recording, but the agent stuff is pretty much the same.

If you have something like this in your logs on Genesys Tserver (or Iserver, I'm a bit lost with all their different servers for this and for that :) ):

"cause = 50(C_FACUNSUB)" (somewhere at the end of a line)

and:

"
|AttributeErrorCode 603 |
|AttributeErrorMessage 'Request Facility not Subscribed/Provisioned' "
"

then the "Phantom calls" customer option will probably surely solve your problem. I say "probably surely", because the option is quite costly (over $20K), so you you will want to doublecheck...

According to the original entry which led us to the solution, you also need "CTI Stations" enabled, but so far we are doing fine with only the "Phantom calls" option enabled. Which is a good thing, because CTI stations costs about the same as Phantom calls.

Ouch on the price, that's an expensive "y"..... My BP also confirmed that price roughly...

Thanks for the information, I'll get the Genesys Tserver tech's to send me a log file... and check it out.

Wildcard

? Am I overlooking the edit button or is there none?

I forgot to mention, I tried the IP station trick with Genesys but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back