Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recorded calls not going to VRL folder Server Edition 10.1 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hall5942

Vendor
May 7, 2002
US
Server edition 10.1

I am installing Xima and have set the users to record automatically for both inbound and outbound calls. I set the destination to Voice Recording Library. When I go to VRL folder nothing is there. I turned off "auto hide" in the voice mail tab so I can see if its recording too. Also I have been working with Xima for the last 5 hours and they can't figure it out. I'm not able to browse to
\\VMPRO Address/VRL from the network folder either. Has anyone seen this? The Server is on a standalone Linux box so no virtual servers.

Please Help!

Well, this is strange.
I know that I could change if I wanted to use Media Manager or Contact Recorder for storing recordings, and as default it was set to Media Manager and that caused the files not to be in VRL.
I think you can change it in Voice Mail Pro Preferences, but I can't find it at the moment. Might be since I've turned of Media Manager on the server.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

First step, change the recording destination to a mailbox - do the recording turn up?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Use Xima Tech support.
They can fix this.
There are several issues with Xima, call recording and SE.

@rdoubrava - "Also I have been working with Xima for the last 5 hours and they can't figure it out."

are recordings going to /opt/vmpro/url
have them check permissions.
vmpro needs to be the owner.

I had a similar issue but using the app server.

Unlikely you will see the recording in the /VRL as the Xima probably moving this to the Xima PC/Server.

Try turning of the Xima and see if the recording in the /VRL folder.

It's 10.1 which supports both Contact Recorder and Media Manager as Avaya's recording archive options. So you need to check both /opt/vmpro/VRL and /opt/vmpro/MM/VRL.

You can control which is used using the Archive Solution setting in web manager (Applications | Voicemail Pro - System Preferences | General).

Star for sizbut for reminding me where the setting was, thought I was going senile since I couldn't find it again =)

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks sizbut!!! Had that problem today too.

If vegetarians love animals so much, why are they eating all of their food?

This was the cause of my issues with RSI pulling recordings as well. Thanks sizbut!

IPO AIPS/ACSS Certified - Field Systems Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back