Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Selector Problem, Last attempt for help with this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmconsult

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
US
I have a form for data entry with some fields which pull information from some lookup tables. anyway, on the field I have buttons to select next record, previous record as well as others, however for right now I have left the navigation buttons on the bottom, as well as the record selector on the left. when I open the form and try to scroll through records only using the navigation buttons on the bottom something weird happens. the first time you press the next record button the record selector changes from an arrow to a pencil, you then have to hit it again to go to the next record. also when you get to the add new record, even if you dont enter any information. it saves a new record, assigning an autonumber prikey to the record with no info. it also will not allow you to delete this record it created with no information. But when I open the form and use the buttons I made, they scroll through records just fine, and even if you go to a add new record, if you dont add any info, it does not save the record. also after using the record scolling buttons I made, the navigation buttons go back to working normally. I have never run into this before, does anyone know why this is happening. I did not mess with the forms properties at all, yet. Whats going on.

Hi,
It sounds like there is some code somewhere (maybe in the oncurrent event of the form) that sets the focus or default value of the particular field on the form that the cursor goes to. Check this code so that it does not do this and your problem is solved. Rob Freeman
rfreema1@ameritech.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back