Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxum

Technical User
May 20, 2003
US
I have a parameter that is used to select certain containers within in the plant. If the user doesn't enter values into the parameter, it brings the system to a crawl and the admin is forced to kill the query.
I would like to check the parameter filled to make sure it is filled in, if not, fill it in with a bogus value and display some message on the report.
How would I check to see if it is filled in in the record selection.

From the Edit Parameter Field Screen, click on Set default values, Place a check in the options box and fill out the min/max length and or Edit Mask.

That Seems Easy Enough....Sometimes it's the obvious things that elude our thought...Thanks

every parameter should have a valid "default" value assigned to it. I usually assign the most common selection for that parameter as the default.

Jim Broadbent

As well as defaults, you can test the parameter in a formula field and assign some other value if it was left blank. This is more flexible when there are several parameters, some of which may have been entered.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back