Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Selection with Null Field Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

drykard

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
US
I have created a view to use with a Notes database. I would like to display in this view all records which have a "null" entry in a date field. This is a projects database, and a project becomes complete when a date is entered into the "Date Completed" field. I would like to view uncompleted projects by selecting all records with no data in the "Date Completed" field. The View Designer gives me selection options like "on, before, after, between, etc.", but nothing for a null entry. Can someone suggest how I could select records with a null entry?
Thanks in advance.

in the selection statement do datecompleted = ""

this means show me all documents that have a null value in the datecompleted field. you might want to add

form = "name of form" & datecompleted = ""

this way if you are using multiple forms and the same field is located in each form it will only pull the documents which use this form and have a null value in this field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back