Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record selection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

knerve1

Programmer
Mar 28, 2005
US
Hello,

Using CR 9.0, I have a record selection that looks like this:

({a.COLLECTED} in {?Begin Date} to {?End Date}) and
(("ALL" IN {?Test Code})OR ({a.TESTCODE} = {?Test Code})) and
{a.PS} in [" ", "210", "91840"] and
(("All" in {?Site}) OR {a.LS} = {?Site})

for the a.PS in [" ", "100", "200"] I meant the first entry to pull null values. I have tried it by breaking it out into an OR statement but this does not work. Again, it is in the record selection formula. I get the a.PS records that are 100 or 200 but not the null records.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hello!
Try using the ISNULL({field}) function to pull the NULLs.
If this doesn't work you might try creating a field that will trim the field first and then use the ISNULL({formula}) (replacing the field now with the formula that you created)
Try this:
Trim( String({field}))
Hope this helps!
Boni
:)

Boni J. Rychener
Programmer
boni@hammerman.com
Hammerman Associates, Inc.

Boni,

I can either pull the null values or the populated values but cannot do both, which is what I desire. I also tried your suggestion but it did not pull the null record set. In the view I created ( oracle 8) the records exist, however, when inputting "100" or "200" - as shown in example above- it queries out the nulls. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Hello again!
Have you tried converting the null values to the default null values for the field?
When I checked business objects for tech assistance it said that selection criteria stop evaluating the null value...which would be why you were not getting anything at first...
Under File/Report Options check the box next to "Convert Database NULL values to Default" and see if you get the null records then...
Hope this helps!
Boni
:)

Boni J. Rychener
Programmer
boni@hammerman.com
Hammerman Associates, Inc.

That worked! Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor