Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Select within a Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm1340

Technical User
Apr 27, 2015
US
I feel like there is an obvious solution that I am missing, and I am hoping someone can help me out of this Monday rut!

I have a report of donations to our organization for the year. I have the donations grouped by type and subtype, and I want to pull in the detailed donation information into each group. How Do I select specific records to be in each group? Right now they are grouping, but all gift detail is showing up in each section.

Example: Group cash gifts with subtype 'A' and 'C'-- all gift detail; group cash gifts with subtype 'B'-- all gift detail; group in-kind gifts-- all gift detail.

Not sure what you mean.
Are you saying that within Group A you are seeing details of sub type B?

If you are using more than one table you may have a cartesian join. ie you are relating all records from table 1 to all records in table 2.

Double check your table joins and make sure relationship is either one to one or one to many. I think you currently have many to many which is difficult if not impossible to build a report from

Ian

It is a one to many table linking, but the type and sub-type options are in the same table.

If that is the case I can't see how you are getting all gift details showing against all records.

Please give an example of the data you have and how you want to see it.
Still looks like your give details are not linking correctly.

Ian

I've been able to get what I needed with subreports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back