Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiChi56

Technical User
Mar 6, 2002
US
I am creating a database program where a person can input information on a person. This database will be shared with about 150 people. How do I keep a person from changing someone elses record? Each person has to be able to go in and create a record on a student. The student can have more than one record. Matter of fact some students will have multiple records. So lets say that Student A has a record created. How can I keep all the other people from going in and changing that record that one person create? I hope I am making myself clear.

The secret in education lies in respecting the student. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}.

It depends on how secure you want this to be, but you should be able to base record privileges on who's currently logged in. Save the login info within associated records. If I log in and attempt to edit a record that doesn't match my login info, I'll get rejected.

your file has username/password already....under password u can assing who has what rights...u can also limit them by a calcualtion
File-->Define Priviledges-->Passwords...
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Thank you to both of you. I will work with it and see what happens.

The secret in education lies in respecting the student. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back