Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record not displayed *Help*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolie555

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
I am new to Crystal but can usually figure things out myself. Here, I am stuck.

I have a reports that returns 100 records (all the ones I need). However, when I use table.name and table.phonenumber, I only get 50 records which lead me to believe that the 50 records I am missing do not contain an address in the database. I still want to display them. How do I call those records regardless of address?

Pretty vague.

Try supplying technical information:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity used
Example data (tables used, columns, joins, data)
Expected output

Not knowing anything about the tables being used, it sounds to me like you have some joins that should be changed to a left outer.

-k

I am using crystal 9
connecting to Oracle
example data tables would be as follows

clientinfo table and products table
I join clientinfo.productid and products.productid to display the following:

clientinfo.clientname, clientinfo.address, and products.productname

What is happening is that if Client John Doe has not purchased a product, that client record is not returned. What I need is a report that gives me an overview of all clients including those who have not purchased a product. (Database allows for only one product per client)

Does this help?

Use a left join FROM the clientinfo table TO the products table, and make sure you don't have any selection criteria placed on fields from the products table.

-LB

that's awsome... it worked! Can you explain to me in "crystal reports for dummies" what I just did?

Using a left join instructs the report to show all records selected from the first (left) table and any matching records from the right table.

-LB

Simply stated, a Left Outer Join allows you to list everything in "from" table when there is not a matching record on the "to" table.

Cheers,
-LW

Thank you sooooo much! I appreciate the help. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back