Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

record macros for windows (for ANY program)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicentealeman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2003
US
Did anybody have an idea; I need to use an specific program called VIDAR true scan to open and close a LOT of images; the idea is open the image;thenmake some changes (properties jpg to tiff etc) and then save the new image in another folder; I just need a macro o a program to record a macro to open the images select the next one (they are in numeric order) and then proccess it...
Thanks in advance

Hello vicentealman,

I've no idea what is VIDAR. The viability is based on VIDAR having scriptable controls exposing appropriate methods. This you have to consult the manufacturer/documentation. Maybe somebody using this application knows.

regards - tsuji

Wouldn't it be easier and more reliable to use some other product that supports batch-conversion of image files?

IrfanView is one that comes to mind, and I think it is still a free download. Try Google.

The problem is my client needs to convert to CITT tiff group4 images; this images could be as big as 100MB each they are scanned images of well logs like 200 continous pages together.

IrfanView can create TIFF Fax 4 format images from JPGs, but I can imagine the size you have could be a real problem. But the closest thing to a "macro" facility WSH supports is SendKeys, which can be unreliable and only does keystrokes (not mouse-moves or -clicks).

Unless your VIDAR tool exposes an automation interface as tsuji mentioned, there isn't much other help in WSH.

sendkeys that maybe work cause the software have alt+xx sort of stuff.. where can i find that?

And the scan software can't create TIFF files ?

Yes The scan software can do that but when you have to convert the images later (the client needs both formats for two different process so we first scan the image in one format and then we like to transform all the images to the other

The SendKeys method of the WshShell object can send Alt+xx keystroke. But, as dilettante said, it would be preferable to use some batch conversion utility. What about a google search ?

Hope This Help
PH.

Hi,

I don't know if you've found an answer to this, but I've played around with 'AutoIt' and I think you could use it for what you describe. The website for it is and I think it's freeware.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back