Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Limits 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

woyler

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
Does anyone know what the estimated maximium record count is before SQL Server has issues with any givin table? I know it is a general question and would depend greatly on design of the database, but I am talking just a rough idea.

Thanks,
Bill

Look in your Books On Line and search for maximum capacity specifications. It gives you all that information. For maximum rows per table it states "Limited by available storage".

Hope this helps.

Real rough...
I've never had any issues except maybe with performance.

I try to warehouse transactions after given time frame so my transaction table stays under 1,000,000 records. Even at that size I get very little performance hits.

My archive table now is split in 2, the larger ones has 15m+ rows. Performance is an issue there but I reduce the hit by allowing only limited searches, limited to my indexed fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back