Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record layout for CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanmolife

Technical User
Sep 11, 2002
US
Does any one know the record layout for the CDR string coming out to the RSR232 connection. I am looking for the string layout and what the codes mean for ACD history and Real Time data.

Thanks

The CDR layout doesn't contain any ACD information,
The format only to record the in/out calls,I think it isn't sutibale for ACD call reocrd.Try to use BCMSVu or CMS for your system

wthekin

Actually, that is what we have and I'm looking to capture what is going to the BCMS Vu into another database on another PC. So I need to know what the record layout is going out the serial connection to the BCMS system.

Definity has a couple of built-in CDR formats, and a custom option, The easyist way of finding out what the built-in record is sending is to connect a Y lead to the cdr output socket and slap a serial printer accros it. set the printer to 9600 baud 8 n 1, (or 7 e 0 if you are in the States) and you will get a hard copy of whats being sent. Speak softly and carry a big switch

The best way to check the format is check with the command
display system parameters cdr see what the output format is set to and then look in your manuals for the information bout cdr. It will have a bunch of formats that it can be set to and explain the layouts of what you are getting

Thats what I am looking for, what the codes stand for, like agent log in/out, on call, make busy etc. if you know where in the manual (what section) has this record layout and code decription, this would be very helpful. We are trying to bring this data into a workforce management system.

To the best of my knowledge, CDR output does not have agent in/out info. It is Call Detail Recording only, meaning it will have 1 record for each call you make/receive.

In this record, you will get the info for the calling party, and the receiving party. IE: you will know which agent made the call/ received the call, the call duration, etc, but you will not know when agents logged in/out.

CDR formats can be configured but if you want the field names and reference, go look in Definity ECS Administrator Guide 555-233-506 (this is for version 8.2), page 1228

Otherwise, you can hook your system up to your PC serial port and use hyperterm to capture some output. This is what I did to make my program that takes CDR data and dumpt to an SQL database.

Is there and information in manual for real time ACD data?
I need CDR (SMDR) and real time data from ACD.

Sounds like you could use the data that gets sent out for "External Call History" which gets pumped out to "Lucent CentreVu Explorer".

This is a data warehousing process that collects all ACD based agent call handling activity (though not login/out info) and passes it via TCIP across the LAN to a server. This is accessed by an Itranet connection and is then displayed in HTML. "External Call History" is a chargeable customer option from Avaya/partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back