Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record is Deleted Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpm32

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
US
Hi,

I've got a DB that is used by 4 users max. It is on our Co's network (shared drive). Three of the users are in FL and the DB is housed in CT. One of the users gets a "Record is Deleted" error msg occationally. This causes the record to show Deleted# in all fields of that record. I cannot delete the record and until I reload the table the DB works buggy. Now her drive mapping is all funky. We are all on the S: drive while she connects through the DB through her T: drive.

What could be causing this error and what can I do to prevent it?

Could it be her drive mapping?

I realize that I wrote "Now her drive mapping is all funky" It was always funky it is not as a result of this issue.

I was having this issue with one client. What was happening was one of the clerks was entering receipt information into the forms that I had created for them and then deleting the receipt information from that same form.

This subtable had an autonumber format for one of its fields, which caused a number of issues, being deleted in this fashion. Ask the employee if she remembers deleting any information prior to the error messages.

if you have two users with the same db open and viewing the same dataset at the same time and one deletes a record then what will show on the second users screen is a deleted record (all fields show #Deleted# ) this is to do with multi user networked db's which access was not intended. what you need to do is either incorporate some type of filter. i.e remove any ability to actually delete records but have one boolean field which if true will not show up in the recordset. you will need to use a select query where records are only shown if the deleted field is false and a custom 'Delete' button that will update the deleted field to true. you could also try to trap the user id and date at this point then you who and when the record was deleted.
Or if you dont mind if users are able to delete records just place me!requery in the on current event of the forms.
this will referesh the data and stop the #Deleted# records

Be ALERT - Your country needs Lerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back