Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Call Feature 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

totaletech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
CA
Can anyone tell me how to enable the call-record feature on a CICS 4.2 with CallPilot 100?

Thanks.

K

F989 is to call record, get your manual and verify if the call pilot has a class of service to use this feature. I have not gotten into the call pilot yet, so I am not sure if this feature is incorporated into the unit.

John1@refurbphones.com

I tried F989 and it said not allowed. I also looked in the manual and it does not list a class of service that enables it.

Darn supplier told me that it was capable!

Thanks for your help.

K

According to the doc's I have call record is available in the call pilot. you will probably have to modify the COS, (like you have to in the NVM) to enable call record JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Can anyone provide me with help or a link with help on modifying the COS to enable this feature?

Thanks in advance.

K

check out the following thread

Connection to a NAM via modem
thread799-300372

There is an excellent discussion on changing the COS on your NAM/Norstar Voice Mail
JerryReeve
com-sys.com

That link is great for NAM/Norstar but anyone know how to enable the call record on the Callpilot 100?

Can it be done? I read the features on it too and it sure leads one to believe it can be!

This is a copy from the Call Pilot Admin Guide:

"The COS tables, shown in “Class of Service values” on page 20 have preset values. If you use the
web-based CallPilot Manager you can change individual COS values to meet the needs of your
company. For more information about using CallPilot Manager to edit Classes of Service, refer to
the CallPilot Manager Set Up and Operation Guide."

The Call Pilot Manager should be on the Software CD you get with the CallPilot. Your vendor would have got one in the software box from norstar, if you didn't get a cd from your vendor have 'em get you one, (they may have pulled it out to check out the software/DOCS and didn't remember to put it back) JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Isnt the call pilot manager the web based software? It's not really software that you actually need to install, its the interface that you access from a browser isnt it?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The Programming interface IS Web Based using your Browser (Either Internet Explorer or Netscape) Before you can program anything within the Class of Service tables, you must first make sure the Call Pilot can talk to the network.

The default IP address for the Call Pilot is: 192.168.110.10.
You must change the default IP address to a Static IP within your IP range on the network in order to communicate on the nework.

To Change the IP using a standard serial connection and a VT100 terminal program:
1)Connect a serial cable to the serial port on the Call Pilot.
2) Configure your terminal software for the following settings:
9600 bps
8 data bits
no parity
1 stop bit
3) After connecting to the serial port, with all of settings as above, power down the Call Pilot and power back up.(Forced reboot)
4) An arrow promt will appear. Press the Enter key.
5) The prompt: (M)odify any of this or (C)ontinue. Press the M key then press Enter
6) The prompt: Which one do you want? Press the 4 key then press Enter.
8)The prompt: Do you want a LAN Interface? Press the Y key then press Enter.
9) The prompt: This board's LAN AP Address (0.0.0.0 = RARP)
10) Type the NEW IP Address (be sure it is valid on your network) in a valid format and press Enter
11) Subnet mask for LAN (0 for none)
12) Enter the NEW Subnet Mask that is valid on your network and press Enter.
13)Should there be a default gateway for packet routing? Press N and then press Enter
14) Press Enter until the prompt: (M)odify any of this or (C)ontinue?
15) Press C

Opening the Call Pilot Quick Install tool:
17) Connect the Call Pilot to the LAN using a standard 568B Patch Cable.
18) Restart the Call Pilot. After reboot is complete (approx 1 minute), go to a Computer workstation on the Network.
19) Open the Web Browser.
20) In the addess window type: new IP address here>
21) The Quick Install wizard may take a few minutes to load.
22) Set the Following parameters according to your network settings and Telephone system requirements:
>> IP Address
>> Subnet Mask
>> Primary DNS
>> Secondary DNS
>> Default Gateway
>> Base Application (Call Center of Voice Mail)
>> Attendant DN
>> Primary UI Style ( NVM or Call Pilot)
>> Primary Language
>> AA Line Answer
>> Number of rings before AA answer
>> Keycode entry (for additional mailboxes or storage)
>> Outdial Method

23) Click the Install button
24) After installation is complete, Reboot the Call Pilot again.

Feature 9*1 gives you your feature code range.

After this, you simply log into the Call Pilot using the address>. You can then go to the Class Of Service tables and edit a table to allow Call Recording.

That's about it! Sorry this is so long. i simply don't have this on my website yet. But I will soon! I hope this helps!
D. McCall
Norstarpro

~~ Please mark this post helpful, if it indeed was helpful ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back