Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Call Conversations - LG Nexer V3.0Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo79

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2006
GB
Hi there,

We have an LG Nexer phone system and now require the ability to record calls. Ideally I would like to be able to record all incoming and outgoing calls, although recording incoming calls only would suffice. I am not sure whether this is possible with this system - I have found scant information apart from manufacturer documentation off the internet and none of it contains any information about call recording. Most of the websites that may have had information about this phone system ( etc.) seem to be down.

I'm hoping the solution is something as simple as buying a USB/networked hard drive and recording the call data there and having a quick recorded message along the lines of "Your call may be monitored or recorded for training purposes..." played from the auto-attendant when someone calls in.

I would really appreciate someone with knowledge of this system replying or a link to full manufacturer specs and documentation. I'm obviously making a big assumption that what I want is possible with this phone system.

The system will not do this as default you can record the calls to a vmib board if you have one(i guess you do as you mention AA) but this is certainly not recommended for large call volumes (space issues) , you can buy a simple line side call recorder that you terminate your trunks on then parallel off to the pbx , it all depends on what trunks you have as to the best fit

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

It is possible to record from some of the keysets (digital phones) connected to LG iPECS or ipLDK. It requires an option box that is mounted under the phone. The output is an USB cable to be connected to your laptop or PC.
A program has to be installed on the PC to enable recording. This way of voice recording is the only one I know of - with regards to LG products.

///doktor

Thanks for the replies.

Although the phones we have (LDP-7016D) are ipLDK, it seems from the documentation they lack the functionality for saving calls to a PC over USB. A line side call recorder would seem to be the way to go.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back