Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reconnect Option Not available In Mailbox Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADW

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
GB
Hi all,

No idea what happened but 99% of my Exchange mailboxes are displayed with a red x indicating they have been disconnected\deleted?? not sure which or why. When I load the information store I can select find match and it resolves the mailbox account with an AD account but the reconnect option isn't available - Replication seems fine...

Also if I try and browse the container within active directory to select the user as opposed to running the mailbox recovery it says it's empty, i.e. no users but the AD users and computers within exchange shows that it is full of users!

Anyone help?

Within AD C&U are all your users still Exchange enabled?

What maintenance has occurred recently?

Have you done an offline backup / defrag etc?

When did it occur and what tdo the event logs say?

Have you got exchange sat on a Domain controller / global cat server?

Iain

All the exchange options are still within AD C&U for each user - is that what you mean? No maintenance has occurred at all - new installation on Thursday, problems by Friday. Event logs don't give any clue as to what happened but mailbox recovery says all mailboxes were disconnected at the same time 1 AM on Saturday morning.

Yes Exchange is on a DC with GC enabled

It sounds like the exchange server isn't the only DC?

If thats the case then the AD on the Exchange server has gone wrong and due to this Exchange will not talk to any other DC.

I think you'll have to restore the exchange servers AD.

Its really not recommended to install Exchange on a DC for this reason. If possible and this server isn't fully live yet wipe it, leave it as a Member Server and reinstall exchange.

""[When I load the information store I can select find match and it resolves the mailbox account with an AD account but the reconnect option isn't available ]""

You could experiment with one non critical user and remove the exchange features using the wizard and then try to reconnect only that one user.

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back