Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reconfigure Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drol

Instructor
Mar 13, 2002
GB
I just created a network (server 2003)for my company, (first ever) everything works fine, but I cannot share calendars in outlook. I am assuming that it is because the computers were stand alones, and outlook has been configured that way. I have installed exchange but they still don't respond, I've checked CDO is working and pulled out what is left of my hair no results. Any ideas please.

Do you mean do not respond to exchange (ie the mailbox completely? or just the calendar?)

Have you given the users rights on the relevant calander so that they can view/change?

Right click on calendar and then left click on properties - then go into permissions.

You then need to go to the user's mail profile who wants to view the calendar. Click on the properties of their Exchange Server profile (Tools- Services) and then go into the Advance tab. Add the user who is sharing thier calendar and then you should be able to their calendar if you view the folder list.

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

I don't have a permissions tab in properties. :)

Is Outlook configured for Internet Only mail or is it Corporate/Workgroup mail?

Go to Help and About Microsoft Outlook and it will tell your there.

If it is Internet Only, then go to Tools, Options, Mail Services and then Reconfigure Mail Support and change to Corporate.

What version of Outlook are you running?

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

Its on corporate, and I'm running 2000. There is obviously some thing I'm doing wrong, but I can't figure it out

If you go into folder view and at the root is the Mailbox. If you right click on that and then left click properties do you have properties there?

If so you need to give permissions there.

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

Thats gonna be my problem! i haven't configured exchange properly, there is no mailbox. Would I be better of un installing exchange and starting over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back