Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recommended upgrade for CPU cooling, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InterlinkModule

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
US
I'm stuck between the Zalman CNPS9500 AM2 and the Cooler Master Aquagate Mini R80. I'm running an AMD Athlon FX60 dual core on an ASUS AN8 Premium SLI board. What is everyone's opinion on maximum cooling? Thanks!

-=<>=-

You're welcome. Good luck.

I really like the Zalman, personally.

It's big, though... make sure you have enough room in your case.

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

Best air-cooler out there is the ThermalTake V-1...kills the Zalman and the rest. I've seen the test results. There is one model I can't remember that did better in overclocking tests, it's an aluminum, not copper, heat-pipe cooler with the word "ultra" in its title. V-1 still bested it for normal operation, and it's definitely the QUIETEST cooler too. I should know, I have a Zalman S9500 ready for eBay.

As for the water-cooling CoolerMaster, if I was to change from air to water cooling, I would want a kit like the Danger Den that also cools the GFX CPUs and has the capacity for adding more cooling blocks, like the NB. Water-cooling a single component and not the whole rig doesn't make sense to me.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back