Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendations for Software Deployment solutions ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

protos

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2002
US
Can you guys recommend
a good third party software to help:

1. Update remote desktops for Service Packs, Security patches.

2. Software upgrades(from office 2000 to Office XP)

Thanks

Well, I am here for the same reason you are. I've done some digging for my supervisor, and are some of the things I gave her to look at just this morning. I am new to this topic, but not the research. Good luck!
Lucas

Server/Desktop Software Management

Novell ZENworks for Desktops 4/Servers 3 Suite
System Requirements:
Demo:
Cost/Licensing:

Special Operations Suite 2.0 (Integrated with Active Directory)
Demo:
Cost/Licensing:

Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0

System Requirements:
Cost/Licensing:

vBuild for InstallShield Professional
System Requirements:
Cost/Licensing:
ROI Savings Calculator:

Prism Deploy
System Requirements:
Cost/Licensing:

It really depends on what you are going to use it for. Intelimirror deploys a fresh 'image' when the user logs on. What we are using it for is updating pieces of different types of software instead of going to each machine and updating. --We plan to update the files on the server, and when the client logs on, they will sync up to most recent version-- The imaging products, such as Intellimirror, are used more in settings such as schools, where they can reproduce a copy of an OS (with predetermined settings) and send it out if gets corrupted. In our case, we want to push just the updated files, and leave everything else the way it is. I believe the products I have listed above allow for this. There are many imaging products which are probably cheaper and simpler, such as AdminStudio and Wininstaller.
Let me add that I am no expert. But I have spent the last couple days researching these types of products. Here is an article that may interest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back