Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendation of good Citrix Admin book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilPeppard

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2002
US
Can someone recommend a good Citrix book for someone just starting out administering Citrix (like me)? Thanks!

Citrix Metaframe for Windows Terminal Services: The Official Guide by Kaplan & Mangus published by Osborne is a pretty good primer for starting out. Has setup A-Z and Best Practices as well.

I have bought "Citrix MetaFrame XP: Advanced Technical Design Guide, Including Feature Release 1
by Brian S. Madden".
I have learned quite a lot. It is a practical guide written by a Citrix Administrator with years of experience.
Have a look at :
Greetings,
Chris MARREEL

dkpeppard,

I agree what cmarreel has said about Brian S. Madden's book, it is excellent, written in easy to understand english. But he has release a new and updated version which includes Feature release 2 which you would be better off buying,

Regards,
Brian B-)

And don't forget the excellent works by Ted Harwood and Todd Mathers. Also highly recommended, for understanding the Operating System on which it all sits is Inside Windows 2000. CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back