Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendation needed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdanner3

Technical User
Feb 21, 2001
US
Best Super Socket 7 Mainboard is...

Please consider that yes, I know this is older tech...but some of my customers don't have the $$$ to go to the Athlon/T-Bird CPU's...

I need the best possible price/performance ratio. This is something I need to get working with as soon as possible.

Please, be as specific as you can as to maker and model of mainboard. ATX and Baby AT preferred, in that order.

Mainboards with built-on audio, video, modems, or Network cards should not be considered.

Customers have specified they want AGP slots on their systems.

Thanks in advance. :)

assus makes the best super 7 board but they have a lot to choose form. So long and thanks for all the fish.

FIC "PA2013" one of the last good boards for multiuse.
Can overclock, has plenty of ISA/PCI slots, good placement for cables etc, and we sell them for less than $90 out the door. I think our K62-550's are around $65-70..... You can get this cheaper on Pricewatch..........BUT WATCH SHIPPING AND ENSURE THEY STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT

AMD was supposed to quit making the K62 product Feb 24 and continue on with the K62+.... So..... If you want to keep up a system like this for a while, buy two boards and 2-3 of the applicable Cpu's (if you want to play overclocker)

LASTLY, The Motherboard comes with some working versions of Ghost, NAV, etc.....however, the programs will only run on a FIC motherboard.

Thanks, Visitor. :) I've already bookmarked that site. Good idea to check that site, too...that, and are good sources for this sort of needed info.

do you know at pricewatch.com you can get a celeron mb for about $30 and a nice celeron cpu for $40 to $50.with these prices it can be as cheap as a super 7 combo.just though i let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back