Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend website for Win2000 Server setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ervsplace

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
US
Was curious if anyone could recommend a website that could help me troubleshoot a w2k server setup. We had an extra Dell Optiplex gx260(256mb ram, 2ghz proc, 40 gb hd) that I installed Win2000 server on. I realize this is not intended for server use but I am trying to run a simple ftp site which has limited traffic. I have shared the folder out and placed shortcuts on the desktops of the individuals who need to access it. When they doubleclick the shortcut, it takes approximately 5-7 seconds for it to open. This ftp service seemed to function better on an older Compaq Proliant 1600 box, I probably incorrect but I assumed it would run better on the dell?

Thanks
Dan

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back