Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend Voice Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

xion69

Technical User
Oct 4, 2006
US
Recommend Voice Gateway

I need some help here. I have a call manger 3.3 running here at home and I would like to interface my POTS line in the CM. I also require caller ID to be supported.

Can you recommend a somewhat inexpensive solution that would allow me to do this?

I have a 2621 router here. So a addon card is a possibility.

Thanks

You will need an 2port FXO module in your router and configure it for your 1 line and make sure to shutdown the other port, unless you hsve 2 lines. The Card can be purchased from $200 to $400 dollars for the card. Also you will need to verify the IOS supports voice.

For caller ID, simply call your phone company and add the service to your line.

To support Caller ID you need to make sure that you have the correct FXO card. The part number should be VIC-2FXO-M1. A standard VIC-2FXO will not pass Caller ID. A VIC2-2FXO card will also support Caller ID, but it is not supported in the 2621. Also the gateway must be set up as H.323 in CallManager as CID is not supported on an MGCP gateway using analog ports. Your 2621 will also require the IP Plus IOS feature set.

I thought that a NM-2V with a VIC-2FXO-M1 was supported. Can you verify that?

How about using a VG200? What would i need to support my config.

Thanks

The VIC-2FXO-M1 is supported on the 2621, I was saying that the VIC2-2FXO is not supported on that platform.

Sorry, I misread your post. Is the NM-2V required for the VIC-2FXO-M1 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back