Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend small PBX or Key phone system 4 non-profit 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni269

MIS
Apr 18, 2002
A non-profit business is looking for a small phone system that can handle up to 7-8 extensions, (analog). They would like the ability to have a small auto attendant with the option to restrict long distance on at least two lines (or extensions). Does anyone know of an inexpensive product that would be a solution for them? I've hear of the Partner ACS as an option. Also do you know what the approximate cost (used or new) would be to purchase? Thank you in advance for your help! Toni

Hi Toni,

I just priced out a Lucent Merlin Legend system from metrolinedirect.com for one of our remote locations. The price was fantastic, the expansion cards are CHEAP, and it's a full fledged PBX. They have a package which probably would fit what you're looking for.

NOTE the equipment is refurb, but it's still warrantied for one year. I compared it to the magic (which is a new system) but it's half of the price.

Toni,

For a small office with only 7-8 extensions I would recommend looking at the Partner ACS or a small IP Office 403. Both would be great solutions for your office...The IP office would be able to offer you many other basic functionality, internet access with a small firewall, DHCP server all in one box. So I would look at total cost of ownership not just the price.

I agree w/ BRMT, either IP office or Partner ACS. If they will be implementing a network infastructure at the same time then definately IP office. IP office, in my opinion, is fairly difficult to implement for someone without any training. Partner ACS on the other hand is very simple to install and maintain even if you've never seen one. Check ebay for used parts, sometimes people sell entire switches, phones and all there for under $1000 w/ vm. You probably won't find an IP office used on there b/c they are so new.

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back