Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend High Capacity CD Storage with Sleeves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
US
As Microsoft Partners, we get zillions of CDs and DVDs in those individual felt sleeves... They provide us with binders to store them in, but now we are up to about 4 binders that are bulging at the seams.

We are looking for a high capacity system (300-600 disks) that will allow us to continue to use the felt sleeves, but that will store them all in one unit.

I'm reminded of the old parts catalogs that inventory managers had... they were stored in a metal tray that could be two or three feet long. That design would be perfect for us... or perhaps someone has a better idea. We're drowning in CDs and whenever we need one it takes forever to find it... Any ideas?

Thanks.... I called 'em and they don't supply high-capacity storage items.

I deal with a crowd called SVP communications in the UK, carriage might cost you a bit, but you'll probably be saving anyway. Not exactly what you're after, but might be a solution. I have one of their smaller units, great quality for the price (i.e. doesn't fall apart, takes a fair bit of abuse)

They do them in 300 disc & 600 disc versions as well.

Michael

mmenarry, I think you've found it... It looks like it uses those flexible sleeves we get from Microsoft.... will call them tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks!

The sleeves are plastic, take a disk both sides of a fabric middle to prevent scratching, with a plastic "hanger" built into it, they sit in like suspension files. Nothing fancy, but sure does do the job.

I keep approx 150 backup DVD's in mine, it's about 10" long by about 5" square.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back