Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend Avaya IP Office Rep in San Francisco, California Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stownsend

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
So far I've dealt with two Avaya Partners and BOTH do not seem to know what they are doing.

I'm looking to get all the Proper Licenses to Upgrade my IPOffice 500v1 R5.0(26) with Standalone Voicemail Pro Server to R8. It does not seem right that I have to Correct the Avaya Partners in the products they are trying to sell me.

Thank you,
Scott<-

You only need an upgrade licence if you don't have IP phones. If you do have IP phones as long as you don't have much more than three times the amount of them than you have VCM channel licences you still only need the upgrade licence. If you aren't sure post here what you have hardware wise and post what licences you have and we can tell you what you need so you can gauge if they/others are trying to rip you off :)

Here is one of the two Systems. They are pretty Similar. So if I get the right stuff for this, I can get the right for the other.

Both system also have a Win2003 R2 stand alone Voicemail Pro Server. The server handles 6 (Multi Path) Main oncoming lines each with their own Auto Attendant entry points and trees. In My Opinion, the VM Call flows are somewhat complex. Multiple Sub menus, Hunt Group calling and Queuing, Transfers to Offsite Cell Phones, Time Of Day flows, Enter your Pin #, etc.

I've included a snap shot of the Licenses we have along with a text version of the count of the non obvious ones.

We do have all IP phones and some Analog units. The VCM64 has 24 Extra Licenses, so a total of 28, so that's 84 IP Endpoints. (one of the things I had to explain to both Reps)

from what I gather I need:
267792 IPO License Upgrade R8.0 Large 32 or more stations

We are also Switching over to a SIP trunk provider, so we'll need more SIP Trunk Licenses. I believe these are the ones that we would need:
202970 IPO LIC SIP TRUNK RFA 20
202969 IPO LIC SIP TRUNK RFA 10
202968 IPO LIC SIP TRUNK RFA 5

Though I'm not sure how to get the Voicemail Pro External Server Software to upgrade the VMP server to R8. One of the Docs I found on the net mad reference to needing the Preferred Ed vs the Essential Ed. the 267792 Licens seems to be an Upgrade to Essential, which I'd need to for the Upgrade to Preferred, if I need that. Though I'm not sure.

Thank you for your help!

Scott<-

CyHPC.png

NeQKN.png

If you only have 84 Avaya IP Endpoints or less then you are ok there, if more you need additional licences (I guess you know this)

Preferred is just the marketing name for VM Pro it's the same licence, your existing licence(s) for this is all you need, you just need to download the new VM Pro software (which is free), backup call flows, wavs etc and upgrade it...that's it :)

So really All I need is the ' 267792 IPO License Upgrade R8.0 Large 32 or more stations' License and I'm pretty good to go (as well as the new SIP Licenses for the new Provider)

You say All I need is the License I have for VMPro. Is that a License on the VMPro Server or on the IP500? The R8 Preferred License seemed to be a License that I needed on the IPOffice 500 Unit.

I was not the person who set this up originally, though have been the one maintaining it since 2008. I've updated the Firmware from 5.0(x) to 5.0.(26) Is upgrading to R8 a Similar procedure?

What about the VM Pro? I'd love to be able to Move the VMPro server to a Hyper-V Image. Any Issues there?

Is it worth Paying someone $1300 to do this for me?

Thank you again for your Support!

That's rather steep pricing, but you are not paying for the upgrade, you are paying for what they would have to do should everything go horribly wrong and how quickly they can do it. It should not be quite that much even if it includes the licence but I guess you can shop around here
And you can go virtual if you want, it tends to work quite nicely :)

BTW all licencing is on the system, the VM Pro licences you have are all you need, so nothing to buy. The VM software checks the system automatically to see if it's licenced so you can change server no problem :)

Great, thank you! so the Essential Upgrade License coupled with my existing VMPro License will let me run R8 VMPro then?

Some day I'll get these systems Upgraded!

Just the 267792 IPO License Upgrade R8.0 Large 32 or more stations.... and then SIP licencing (if you switch), be careful doing it yourself if that's the plan, it's not often upgrades go wrong...but they can and SIP can be tricky :)

I have SIP working now with a Trial 5 Line Trunk from the new Provider. It was tricky getting that to work, though I think with some of your posts you got me going!

The Firmware on the IPO I don't think will be that big of an issue, its the VMPro that I'm more worried about... You available for Remote Support? (-;

Thanks again!

VMPro is just upgrading the software.
All you need to be sure of is a backup.
Make a copy of the folder C:/Program Files/Avaya/IP Office/Voicemail Pro/VM
And export or copy the VMData.mdb

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back