Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB69

MIS
Jun 23, 2003
US
Hello,

I was wondering if I can get some recommendations for WAP's. I currently have 2 Linksys WAP4400N configured in WPA2-Ent mode. They tend to drop connections often and refuse connecting back for no reason that I can find. This can happen in either Ent or Personal mode. I have tried them in both. They both have the same SSID's with one on channel 11 and one on channel 1.

The current setup for my network is I have 2 HP procurve switches (2848 and 2810) which do not support POE. I have one of the WAPS' located on the second floor in a lab which is at one end of the floor and the furthest point is about 60 feet at the other end of the floor. The second WAP is located in the Warehouse on the first floor near the front of the building. The furthest point from the wap in the warehouse is about 120 feet but I don't usually need wireless there. We would have 5 or six normally on the WAP and up to 15 when customers are here.

I have been looking at reviews for Netgear ProSafe WNDAP350 Dual Band Wireless-N Access Point but I have seen mixed reviews for it. The price range for us is about how much the above cost (about $200 to $300).

Thank you,

Look at TrendNet. I have used them many times with great success, but keep in mind environment also plays a factor. If there is a lot of steel or concrete it will inhibit signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back