Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend a router for multiple VPN connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

queuebert

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2003
JP
I am looking to purchase a router that supports multiple VPN connections behind a single IP address. I am told they exist, but am not sure which do, and which of those might be any good. Has anyone had any particularly good experience with one? I'd like to stay in the several hundred dollar range, but if that's infeasible, knowing that would be good.

Thanks,
Sean

Cisco routers are very good and stable and cabable of achieving that task easly. Donside, they are quite expensive.

Linksys BEFSX41 is one of cheapest, but only does 2 tunnels.

BEFVP41 does 70, and is worth the extra $50 (street). Once you get a tunnel configuration working, you don't want to tear it down, if you are experimenting with another setup.

You may well experiment. Once you've gotten router-to-router setups working, it is tempting to try software clients to connect to one or both of the routers.

Just configure another tunnel! That way you can be a connected road warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back