Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recomended Citrix Reboot schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

broxybear

Technical User
Dec 8, 2004
GB
hi, i was wanting to know where to find the MS and Citrix recomended tips for reboot schedules on W2k+TS and Citrix XPa

I doubt you will find any. Not a thing they want to advertise to needing to do. Closest you will find anywhere is MS on Terminal Server edition. Requires rebooting as often as neccessary.

Experience tells me you probably don't want to go more than a month.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Some would say once a forthnight, others once a night.....I'm inclined to go with 2-3 times a week. It all depends really on what apps your'e offering via them......& what spec server you've got (+number of member servers)
though there are others here with far more experience than I that couldprobably give you more detailed advice.......

I would say purely down to the server specs and the apps you got running on it.

I have some dodgy 16 bit apps published which occasionally crash and just mess up the whole server so I've set the servers which publish those to reboot every night.

For my other servers i get them to reboot over fortnight and it seems fine but I dont have a heavy load on the servers.

A Citrix support rep I spoke with suggested a weekly reboot as a standard operating procedure.

We reboot our Citrix servers every Sunday and Wednesday nights. Midday outages due to server crashes have stopped altogether.

I have some servers out there that are up for three and four months at a time. Its a case of suck it and see.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Hi,

Application Servers:-

3:45am with warnings from 3:15am - every day!

Data Stores:-

As needed

Profile Server:-

As needed

Web Interface:-

As needed

I script my reboots and they work without fail!

Carl.

I have over 25 Citrix servers in my farm. I script my Citrix server farm to reboot three time a week without any problems.

HJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back