Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reclaiming disused voice mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDToronto

Technical User
Jan 7, 2009
CA
We used to have several voice mailboxes that were end nodes of type Mailbox on a CCR tree. These mailboxes were not associated with any extension; each mailbox was supposed to be checked by a staff person periodically for messages. As this was not happening as often as it should have happened, or in some cases ever, we decided to change these nodes to go directly to the appropriate person's own mailbox. After creating a new CCR tree to implement this change, and deleting the old one, we tried to recover these now disused mailboxes so they can be assigned to new staff members. All attempts to delete these mailboxes get the following response: "Mailbox xxx cannot be deleted because it is used by Custom Calling Tree 100". Huh? There are supposed to be only 99 possible CCR trees. How can I get rid of these unwanted mailboxes? What is CCR tree 100? System is BCM 50 at level 2.0.2.05e with voice mail version 42.02.31.22

Go to each CCR tree and see if anything was setup, it it looks like then dig deeper and look at the path's under that tree.....delete any paths transferrring to a mailbox.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

Curlycord, thank you for this suggestion. There is only one CCR tree defined. It has several mailbox nodes, all corresponding to real persons with real telephones on their desks. Is there anywhere other than a CCR tree that a mailbox might be referenced? I'd be interested to learn where this mythical CCR tree 100 is coming from. There were six mailboxes to be reclaimed. One of them had never been a mailbox node in a CCR tree; I was able to reclaim it without difficulty. It is only the mailboxes that have been referenced in mailbox nodes in a CCR tree that won't reclaim.

Yes

Its like tring to delete a file in windows and you get that "cannot delete as it isn use by another program".

CCR in this case is "the other program".

Look harder and deeper in the tree.

As for 100 not sure sorry....good thing you have browser access, this issue would not be good on a NAM on telset.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

Most likely they're being used by a CCR Tree, now where is it a good ?. Firstly an after hours reboot. Then, look at Guest and Info Mboxes. Double check all trees disabled and deleted.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thank you Deweyhumbolt for these suggestions. All our mailboxes other than General Delivery and Administrator are of type Subscriber. Except for the five that I'm trying to get rid of, they are all associated with real telephone extensions. The reason I want to reclaim these mailboxes is that we have no spare mailboxes left. If we cannot reclaim these five, we'll have to buy another group of mailboxes from Nortel, in effect paying them for providing software that doesn't work properly. I believe that the system has been rebooted once since I first tried to reclaim the mailboxes, but I'll schedule another reboot just to be sure. When I look at the CCR trees, I see only tree 2 defined. All the others (1, and 3 to 99) show status Not Defined, and give only the Create choice.

System was rebooted Saturday Jan. 17 according to Nortel's instructions for orderly shutdown and restart. No change in behaviour when I attempt to delete the unwanted mailboxes, i.e. CallPilot Manager continues to report that they cannot be deleted because they are being used by the mythical CCR tree 100. Perhaps we should have just yanked the plug instead. What next?

if it is in use by a temp ccr tree you need to make a change in a ccr tree that is correct (delete a path for example) and save it again,then correct it and save again , this should override the temp ccr

All Things Are Possible With Time And Lots And Lots of Money

mike

Did you get this fixed yet?

Some info:

Turns out this requires Nortel support- Putty in with password of the day

As per the investigation,the CCR tree 100 got created in the following path /var/nn/CallPilot/CcrTree100/treedef.30 This problem can be resolved by executing the following command in the M50R2 1.Login to M50R2 system using putty. 2.go to path /var/nn/CallPilot/CcrTree100/ command : cd /var/nn/CallPilot/CcrTree100/ 3.Rename this file name treedef.30 to treedef.301 Command : mv treedef.30 treedef.301 4. I was then able to delete the mailbox. Issue resolved.

You may need to call Nortel to dial in and fix.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

Thank you curlycord for this detailed and informative post. I will try to follow your advice, or get one of the few survivors at Nortel to do it for me. I'll post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back