Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recipient Policy to applies to users but not DL group's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2005
US
I have an exchange 2003 org that has multiple smtp address's each has it's own recipient policy. Also the forest is has multiple child domains. For example. A.com is the root. A.1.com and A.2.com are just 2 child domains. Each has it's own exchange server to handle the users.

Users is A.com and A.1.com get the address @123.com and A.2.com gets @XYZ.com for their email address at server EX2 where their mailbox resides.

Now the problem here is having mail enabled groups(DL's) that are used in A.1.com that get @123.com for the smtp address. Now i need for certain DL's to get @XYZ.com, based on the description field starting with DLA.2.

I can get the recipient policy for @XYZ.com to apply to the users, but it will not apply to the DL's groups. The DL's still get the @123.com smtp address. How can you do this in a single policy? or do you have to do 2 policies for XYZ?

Without putting a lot of brain power into thinking about this (it IS Friday), I'd use multiple policies.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

I did in my test environment. 2 policies
XYZ Users
XYZ DL

that worked, but to avoid the priority and how RUS works, I was hoping to use a single policy and not effect the other users and DLs used by other child domain.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back