Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receptionist - Soft Console user options for forwarding greyed out 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjuser

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
We just upgraded our 412 unit to a 500. This also meant upgrading to Soft Console 4.2.30 and IP Office 8.1.
The upgrade was all pretty smooth, however there is one user that is having a problem.

Normally in Soft Console you can click on the user in the directory, go to properties, and you can change the forwarding options. This is what our receptionist does. On this one user, it is all greyed out. I attached a picture of the screen I am referring to.
[ul]
[li][/li]
[li]I have triple checked settings against other users that work fine.[/li]
[li]I have deleted user account in IP Office, and extension, merged. And then re-created user + extension. Same issue.[/li]
[li]I have reinstalled Soft Console on a fresh PC.[/li]
[/ul]

Is there anything else I can try?
The user that logs into softconsole is marked as a receptionist (yes the box is checked) and changing those options works on everyone else.

Really strange problem!

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't look greyed out to me, just the forwarding isn't activated so the secondary options are greyed out :)

"No problem monkey socks

Sorry, should have clarified... That is a working picture. I just referenced so you can see the screen I am talking about.
I have taken another screen capture of that actual not working one, and blocked out the number.

Thanks

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lkcv7p.png
What if you change he name of the user slightly? Does the name match anything else in the system?

"No problem monkey socks

Didn't do anything. I added a 1 on the end of the name just to change it slightly, did a merge. Then logged in fresh in soft console. Changes appear fine on name, but options still greyed out.
No, we are a small company, doesn't match any other account/name.

Did you upgrade the config or did you retype the config?
I've seen a lot of weird issues arise when upgrading from IP Office 400 to 500 so now I only retype the config instead of upgrade.
Saves me a lot of time afterwards.
In this case I would delete the user and reboot IP Office then recreate the user and reboot, maybe it will be solved then.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

I've seen this issue too on a new install of an IP500 on v8.1, although i've seen it happend to all users, closing and opening softconsole something solved the issue.

Usally it happends once you start softconsole and go stright into changing the user forwarding option.
I had to wait 60ish sec before going into the forwarding option for it not to be greyed out.

Is the softconsole running on Windows 7? or XP? From the testing i've done, it appears to only happening on win7.

Thanks

make sure you ran the fw.bat file to get all exceptions into the firewall

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

I have seen strange issues where there are a lot of shortcodes.
Perhaps Intrigrant can remember this one.
Avaya added the option for tftp timeout.
Set this from 5 to 60 seconds.
This way the softconsole has more time to load all settings with tftp.
I am not sure where this text file is located so do a little search.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks everyone for the posts, much appreciated!

I ended up deleting the user + extension last night, then rebooting the control unit (the entire system) instead of simply doing a merge, then re-created user + extension and it is now working. I would have tried this sooner but had to wait till after hours.
This resolved another issue we were having too where our paging over speaker was getting cut off. :)

Upgrade complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back