Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

receptionist phone doesn't answer from menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegnat

MIS
Apr 15, 2002
US
On an option 61c our receptionist phone quit answering when people dial 0 from our main number menu. It quit answering right after I installed a plantronics headset. Now it won't work with or without the headset. When you hit zero at the menu it says "Were sorry your call can't be completed at this time, try again later." I checked the menu options and the revert DN is set to the receptionist number. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the phone. When I prt the DN of the phone it says LDN. I am supposed to have this working by morning. [sadeyes]

I don't think the "your call can not be completed.." message is coming from the 61C. It sounds like the line has been accidentally forwarded to an invalid off-switch number. Is the phone an attendant console or a digital phone (such as a 2616)? Regardless of the type of phone, I don't think the headset install broke the phone. Check to see if the phone has power and see if you can place calls (internal and external) from the phone or console. If it's a console, check to see if it was accidentally forwarded to some other number or perhaps the night service button was accidentally activated. If it's a digital phone, check to see if the call forward button has been activated.

I've check all that. It isn't set to foward, the night service is not on, and I can make calls from it. You can call the phone if dial its ext but not when you go through the menus.

Also I've tried changing the revert DN to my phone and some others, it gives the same message on all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back